Meet the P&A Team - David Perrie


This week we are excited to launch a new segment on our blog - Meet the P&A Team! 


Here at Perrie & Associates, we are committed to treating our clients like family, and the same goes for our employees. It is important to us to connect with everyone we work with, and to further that personal connection, we want to introduce our fabulous team to you! 


With this new segment, we will be featuring one Perrie & Associates employee for you to get to know. And to start off, we'll begin with our fearless leader, David Perrie. 

. . .




Name: David Perrie
Role: Attorney and Founding Partner
Years at Perrie & Associates: 11


Fun Facts: 
• played football and ran track in high school

• set the county record in pole vaulting
• enjoys snow skiing, bike riding, and white water canoeing

David Perrie was born in Camden, South Carolina, but is a Georgia fan through and through. He received his BBA from the University of Georgia in 1978 and his MBA in 1980. He started his career as an auditor for the University System of Georgia and moved to Texas in 1982 where he went to work with Stewart Title as an auditor. He later became the electronic data processing auditor and was then promoted to management and moved to Washington, DC, where he ran a branch office closing real estate transactions. 

Three years later, he was again promoted and became the State Manager for Georgia. In 1993, David took advantage of Stewart Title’s tuition reimbursement program and enrolled in law school at Georgia State. After four and a half years of going to work all day and law school all night, he graduated and passed the bar on his first attempt. During that time, he switched companies and became a regional manager for United General Title Insurance Company and managed a six state region.

A year after graduating he founded Perrie & Perrie, PC along with his brother, Tom, on July 16, 1999. Two years later they merged with his fraternity brother from UGA, Steven Cole, and became Perrie & Cole, LLC. The firm grew to fourteen offices in three states having 37 lawyers and 150 employees. For various reasons, the firm splintered, and he took four offices to establish Perrie & Associates, LLC on July 1, 2006. Today, we have seven offices in two states and over 35 employees. David is the weekly co-host of an industry specific radio show, ‘Real Estate Radio Atlanta’, and is an active affiliate member of the Cobb Board of Realtors, the local Atlanta Chapter of the Mortgage Bankers Association, and the Real Property Section of the Georgia Bar. 


Why did you decide to go to law school? Did you always know you wanted to be an attorney? 
I wanted to be an attorney when I was 12 after watching Perry Mason every afternoon. I had always been involved with the real estate industry, and went to law school when I was 38. I worked with Stewart Title in Washington, D.C., and later as I developed the Southeast region, I saw what local closing attorneys were doing. I love working with people and I became interested in pursuing that as a career.

What do you like about working in the real estate industry? 
First and foremost, I love the people. I am a people person at heart and I love that I get to spend every day meeting and working with new people. I also enjoy some of the challenges the real estate industry brings like resolving issues that complicate titles. Every title is different and every day brings something new - it is never a monotonous job.  Finally, I love the closing itself. It is a joyous occasion! I like to be a part of that final transaction and leave a positive mark on the entire experience. 
  
What is one thing still left to do on your bucket list? 
Scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. I have been scuba diving before in the Bahamas, the Blue Hole in Belize, and many other interesting dives, but would love to see the enormous reef in the Pacific. I took scuba diving as a PE course at UGA and have probably done 300 dives since. I once went diving in the Bermuda Triangle on Friday the 13th with 50 sharks. I'm always interested in doing anything adventurous.


If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Flying! I have had many dreams that I remembered where I was able to fly and I always loved it!

Where is your favorite place you have traveled? 
Cinque Terra, Italy. I have been to Italy four times and always love it. Every time I have a vacation, I think about going somewhere else, but I always end up back in Italy. 

What do you like about coming in to work everyday at Perrie & Associates? 
The thing is, this doesn't feel like work to me. I am a firm believer in the statement "love your job and never work a day in your life." I love working with real estate, and I love meeting our clients at the closing table, so my job doesn't feel like a job. I have been in this industry for a long time, and I am thankful to be able to do what I love. 


David has two sons, Thomas and Will, and married his wife, Jennifer last summer. They and his stepson Calvin live in Cumming on Lake Lanier and have an condo at the Twelve Building in Atlantic Station  in mid-town Atlanta where they are able to spend time with family and friends. Thomas is a loan officer and Will just graduated from law school, so real estate runs in the family. David is a huge Georgia sports fan and will be found cheering on the Braves this season just right across from the office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Thankful

The How and Why of Home Appraisals

Keep Learning in Real Estate