Meet the P&A Team - Spencer Knott


We would like to introduce our newest member of the Perrie & Associates family, Spencer Knott! Spencer is a realtor turned closing attorney who is returning home after working in Colorado. He has been with our office for over 6 weeks and has seamlessly established himself with the company both in the closing and marketing departments. We are happy to have him as addition to our team!

. . . 

Name: Spencer Knott
Role: Closing Attorney

Fun Facts: 


  • Loves Braves baseball
  • Saw the first homerun in Fulton County Stadium hit by Ron Gant
  • Attended Chipper Jones' and Bobby Cox's last game
  • Used to be a bartender, and can make a mean martini 
  • Served Bobby Cox and Don Sutton as a bartender 
  • Wife, Kedi is Tswana South African
  • Killed a cow for his wedding in the Tswana tradition


Spencer grew up in Kennesaw where he attended Harrison High School. He later went to Kennesaw State University where he received his Bachelor's in International Affairs. He attended Georgia State University for Law school and graduated in 2015. In 2011, Spencer met his wife Kedi, and they married in South Africa in 2017.

He first started working in the real estate industry as a Realtor in Denver, Colorado. There, he worked for three years establishing a successful business by building relationships and establishing his presence through social media. Spencer and his wife Kedi eventually became homesick for the Peach State, and returned to Atlanta in the fall of 2018.


What brought you to the real estate industry and why do you enjoy working in this field?

I came to Real Estate Law in a round-about way. I first got into real estate because of an old college roommate, who was absolutely killing it in the Denver market and asked me to come out and join his firm. I took the plunge, moved to Denver with my wife Kedi, and had a blast out West. I also learned a lot from my managing broker Rick Cavallaro on how to do things the right way and treat people right. He’s still one of my favorite bosses I’ve ever had. 
My favorite part of working in the Real Estate Industry is that success is primarily attained by creating and maintaining genuine relationships with people. I love meeting new people every day and hearing a piece of their story. When else would I get a chance to hear such a diverse and interested range of origins, views, and outlooks? It’s really fun!

Did you always know you wanted to be an attorney? What made you decide to go to law school?

No.  I was a mirror inspector and it was a job that I just couldn’t see myself doing anymore, so I decided to go to law school.

How do you like to spend the weekend?

I like to fish and hike, relax and read or watch football if it’s fall.

Where is your favorite place you have traveled?

I’m going to cheat and name two: Orvieto Italy and Pilanesberg, South Africa.
Orvieto is a beautiful town in Umbria Italy that is built on a mesa and is surrounded by this gorgeous valley where they make a delicious white wine. I proposed to my wife there in 2014 next to its stunning Duomo that somehow sneaks up on you on foot because of the narrow medieval streets that you have to traverse to get there. After I proposed we ate a fabulous meal and watched the sunset while listening alternately, to an opera practice and a lover’s quarrel in Italian coming from a near-by alley. It was perfect Italy.
Pilanesberg is where we took our honeymoon. We brought all of our guests that made it all the way to South Africa as well. Pilanesberg is an incredible wild animal game reserve in the northern part of South Africa. The whole park is in a giant extinct volcanic caldera. Even without the stunning natural landscape, which there is plenty of, the park is a wonderland of natural splendor. We were so pleased that our whole group was able to observe lions, hyenas, elephants, rhinos (black and white), cheetahs, hippos, and giraffes just to name a few. We even saw a pride of lions with a fresh wildebeest kill. Not only was the setting incredibly beautiful, but all of our friends from different periods in our lives that made it out developed a tight bond. We are all now planning our next adventure with the same crew.

What are some things still on your bucket list?

I want to travel somewhere where I can see the Northern Lights. I also want to travel to a really remote and chilly destination and stay in a cottage with no electricity for at least a month. I want to eat soup and take walks and smoke an old school tobacco pipe (I don’t smoke), and just completely disconnect.  I’m thinking something like the Orkney Islands.

Finally, how do you like working at Perrie & Associates so far?

It’s a great firm that has made me feel truly welcome and valued. I love our culture here and think that we actually follow through on the oft-said promise that “we are a family here”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Thankful

The How and Why of Home Appraisals

Keep Learning in Real Estate